Believing in the reality of the judgment is motivation: “Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men” (2 Corinthians 5:11). If informed of a coming judgment, how would the great men of the Bible have reacted?
- Enoch would have believed.
- Noah would have immediately begun preparing.
- Abraham would have set out in faith.
- Moses would have called the people together to relate the message.
- Isaiah and Jeremiah would have pled with the people.
- Daniel would have proclaimed it aloud.
- Elijah and Elisha would have shouted it from the rooftop.
- Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Paul, James, and Jude would have placed in our hands the record and said, “Here is the way it is going to be—Judgment Day is coming!”
If your name is not written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, we plead with you to believe, repent, confess, and be baptized into the body of Christ (Galatians 3:26–27).
If your name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, we pray that you may live and conduct yourself in such a way that your name may never be blotted out (Revelation 3:5). —Author Unknown
“All the nations will be gathered before Him” Matthew 25:32